At The Neptune Resort the health and safety of our guests, employees, and community is our number one priority. We are committed to ensuring the safety of our guests and associates and have taken enhanced health and safety measures.
The Neptune Resort is committed to you during COVID-19
Specific steps The Neptune Resort is taking during COVID-19 so you can worry less and enjoy your stay even more:
- All employees are encouraged to stay home if they have any symptoms or risk factors associated with COVID-19. We are conducting daily temperature checks and health assessments of all our employees prior to starting work.
- We are observing social distancing guidelines and holding ourselves to the highest standards of hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- All employees are provided and required to wear protective masks at all times, and gloves for all duties where appropriate.
- Plexi-glass protection shields have been installed at our Front Desk check-in stations.
- Purell hand sanitizer dispensers are available for use in the lobby and common areas.
- All employees are trained to operate in accordance with local and national public health guidelines.
- Our cleaning staff have been fully trained on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), and whenever possible only use one time disposable cleaning materials.
- We are cleaning all our surfaces thoroughly and regularly with the trusted Proctor and Gamble Professional hospital grade cleaning products such as Microban 24-Hour Disinfecting Cleaner, Spic and Span, Comet, Dawn, Mr. Clean, Febreze, Clorox, and Tide, with special consideration to objects and areas that are frequently touched.
- Our staff will not enter a guest room unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest.
- We are evaluating new technology like portable UV-C sanitizer devices to sanitize surfaces and objects.
- We are using leading chemistry and filtration systems to keep our pools safe. The CDC states that “proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection of pools should inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.” The CDC further states that “there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools.”
- In accordance with local government mandates, guests are required to wear a protective mask or face covering when inside the lobby and common areas.
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while moving around the property.
- Acknowledge there is an inherent risk in exposure to COVID-19 in any public space.
- Postpone your visit if anyone in your party recently experienced a fever, ailment or any symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Just like you, we are closely monitoring new developments regarding the coronavirus. We will continue to make changes necessary or appropriate to our protocols and procedures.
We look forward to welcoming you back, and assure you we will be attentive and vigilant so you can enjoy your stay in our beautiful resort.
Thank you for your continued patronage during these unprecedented times.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting The Neptune Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and acknowledge that you understand and will abide by the local government mandates and health and safety requirements.